I'm currently recruiting on behalf of a FTSE200 company as they seek to bring on board a Senior .NET Developer as part of their close-knit Belfast outfit.
My client can provide you with the stability and matureness of a FTSE200 company coupled with a start-up vibe in the Belfast office which allows for individuals to make a big impact.
My client is a software product house operating in the InsureTech space. Their core platform is not profit driven, consumers use their platform free of charge to compare insurance deals. Everyone is trying to save money given the current economic climate and these guys are facilitating that the best they can.
On top of an interesting product, my client pride themselves in industry leading developing practices. You will gain excellent skills practices for life whilst working on a cloud native platform using the newest versions of .NET and .NET core.
My client are always challenging their solutions, which has led to the constant improvement of their technology both front-end and back-end. Today a significant chunk of all UK travel insurance is purchased through their solution.
There is a wide range of benefits supporting your lifestyle, your future and health and wellbeing. They also offer internal training, development programmes and external training.
Why this role?
You will work as a Full Time Senior Software Developer, the systems that you will be working on are leading aggregation platforms used by the UK’s largest comparison aggregation website.
The team works in a sprint based, agile methodology with all members working across all aspects of the system; you will be involved throughout the software development lifecycle from estimation sessions to deployments. Your involvement will include tasks such as:
• Taking abstract ideas and concepts and transforming these into well designed, functional solutions.
• Software development of key work items within the company software solutions using the latest development technologies, practices and design patterns.
• Leading a team of Software Developers to ensure that all work is completed on time to a high standard whilst mentoring junior members.
• Ensure that code quality standards are met within the software development process by all contributing developers.
• Collaboration with other Senior Developers within the business to maintain company standards.
• Work alongside the QA team to ensure that all development items are verified as being complete and uploaded to testing environments before being handed over for testing.
• The use of cloud hosted code repository systems and tools to push and pull changes as well as to maintain the company’s Source Code and Databases effectively and securely.
What you need to excel at this role:
• Experience of designing and building an application from the ground up.
• At least 4 years’ experience in a commercial software environment.
• Excellent working knowledge of C# and ASP.NET MVC.
• Strong understanding of web technologies.
• Experience working with enterprise N-tiered applications, SOA, microservice and various other architectures.
• Working knowledge of SOLID principles and design patterns.
• Good Knowledge of SQL databases.
• Working knowledge of standard industry practices such as version control etc.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Ability to learn and adapt to new knowledge quickly.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Ability to problem solve effectively and consistently.
• Fluent in English. Written and Verbal.
• Experience in an Agile work environment.
• Experience with development on cloud-based platforms.
• Experience interacting and communicating with non-technical customers and stakeholders, e.g., Showcases, Requirement’s analysis etc.
Overall Package and Benefits
If you're interested in this role please click apply. If you would like additional information or have any questions regarding the above role please get in touch with Rory Foster - Senior Recruitment Consultant on email@example.com