We are currently recruiting for a Software Development Engineer in Test for a global software company in Belfast.
Our client specialises in developing big data software solutions that are shaping the future of data infrastructure.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) plays a pivotal role in producing high-quality bug-free software.
The successful candidate will embed in one of our Scrum Engineering teams and will work closely with our Quality Engineering team to draft test plans and then design, implement, execute, and improve our suite of automated tests.
This is an opportunity to learn about the following:
- Testing of, a fault-tolerant, highly available, distributed, system.
- Test automation of both UI front end and server-side backend.
- The Paxos and Consensus Algorithms.
- Setup and administration of Linux systems, across multiple distributions.
- Devops tools such as vagrant, puppet, docker, Jenkins.
- Build tools such as Gradle and Maven.
- Multiple languages primarily Java, with bash, python, and ruby.
- Debugging and investigation skills for the finding root cause of issues.
What we are looking for:
- People who like coding and solving problems.
- All levels of experience.
The work environment:
- Relaxed collegial working environment.
- Back and forth communication between Development and Quality teams.
- Support from both teams to help develop skills.
- Team members have full ownership of their work.
- Gradle build system, Gerrit/Git code review, continuous integration and an automated QA process.
- Private medical insurance.
- Private Dental Insurance.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Unlimited vacation – we require you to take at least 20 days vacation plus the statutory holidays, after that, we don’t count.
- 52 weeks maternity and 3 weeks paternity leave, with matching Adoption Leave.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Income protection scheme.
- Friday afternoon can be used for personal skill development, either as part of the hackathon group in the office or individually.
- Pool table, Xbox, foosball table, free fruit, free snacks, free breakfasts, social events…
To find out more about this opportunity, send through your CV to Enso Recruitment by clicking on the apply button.