Product Support Engineer (Microsoft tech)
Our client is a well-established local company with global outreach and has a rich heritage in enterprise content management and software engineering. Due to continued growth throughout 2020, they are currently looking for a talented Product Support Engineer to join their growing team in Belfast.
Fully remote working during Covid-19, ongoing flexibility, lots of internal training and development opportunities.
This role will be part of a small team of Product Engineers, providing support to a broad mix of professional services businesses across the UK and USA.
- To manage third and fourth line product support requests – you will provide timely and accurate response to tickets raised by direct customers or partners and within agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- To manage second line customer support requests from direct customers This will also involve some triaging of the broader solutions and will require knowledge of all aspects of the Microsoft 365 technology stacks.
- To create, prioritise, track and update customer issues/features in Microsoft Azure DevOps and help plan sprints based on customer severity.
- To provide training to first / second line support staff from customer or partner organisations.
We are looking for a talented ambitious individual with 3-5 years post-graduate experience. Experience and knowledge of the following areas is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Experience of providing technical support and solving a range of issues from low to more complex technical problems.
- Knowledge of using and performing troubleshooting tasks across the full Microsoft 365 technology stack
- Knowledge of using and performing troubleshooting tasks on IAAS/SAAS and PAAS cloud services.
- Knowledge of IT systems administration tools and an understanding of best practices relating to their use.
- Knowledge and understanding at least one scripting language to automate tasks.
- Awareness of latest technology trends and the ability to actively keep up to date with technological developments.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and how to adhere to ITIL best practices
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be currently working as part of an IT support service team and will ideally have experience of triaging complex issues for customers who have solutions based on the Microsoft technology stack. The company is growing very rapidly but is still a relatively small software company and so the ideal candidate will be someone who is comfortable in a small team environment and in an environment where processes are continuing to evolve as the company grows and will be a self-motivated, organised individual.
There are fantastic opportunities for long term career development and training within the team as well as a competitive salary package.