Network & Security Engineer
Enso is recruiting for a Network and Security Engineer, partnering with a global technology leader that operates with the vision of bringing revolutionary products to life for a wide range of industries, including power and rail, and also has interests in a number of R&D projects in a variety of scientific sectors.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Network & Security Engineer who wishes to join a dynamic IT team. This role requires a sound knowledge of networking technology, systems and information security along with the ability to support and implement operational policies and procedures as part of a complex distributed network.
- Planning, installing and configuring networking for high availability systems (physical and cloud).
- Planning, designing and creating storage, networking and other system components.
- Planning, designing and implementing disaster recovery plans.
- Analyse and determine security requirements, research information security standards, conduct vulnerability and risk assessments.
- Maintaining and monitoring network systems.
- Evaluate new technologies for inclusion into the environment and the technology roadmap.
- Identification of IT improvement areas to reduce complexity and improve maintainability.
- Alignment of technology with business goals.
- Work with stakeholders to identify enterprise level solutions.
- Develop policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology systems within the company.
- Implement Cyber Security best practices.
- Participation in the on-call rotation schedule.
Who We Are Looking For:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience as a network & security engineer or equivalent.
- Experience with either web application security or network security.
- Good understanding of firewalls and common networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN management.
- Understanding of network storage and data centre technologies.
- Experience in creating governance policies which define new best practices and/or regulatory requirements while meeting business objectives and budgets.
- Ability to review and recommend technical, administrative and physical controls to mitigate risk.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Experience working in a SCRUM environment
What’s In It For You?
- Company Pension, Healthcare & Life Assurance Schemes
- On-site parking
- Flexible / Remote Working
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Wellness programmes