DevOps Engineer (AWS)
Our client is looking for a talented and motivated Cloud DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Operations Team. The role’s primary focus is to develop and support our clients AWS infrastructure.
This role will work closely with application teams to enable the adoption of the Cloud Platform. This role is critical to the success of the company and requires both depth and breadth in many technologies leveraged in a public cloud environment. This is a great career opportunity for a highly motivated individual who wants to extend their skills within a leading ERP software company.
• Work collaboratively with application teams by providing technical guidance and consultation to satisfy infrastructure requirements.
• Maintain AWS platform by following best practices through implementation of monitoring, maintenance and administration.
• Creating, maintaining, and improving procedures and runbooks through cross team collaboration.
• Lead the adoption and administration of distributed systems through the principles of Infrastructure as Code using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Puppet.
• Develop and support DevOps tools through automation using modern scripting languages such as Python.
• Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects, Project Managers, and Software Engineering teams to deliver holistic solutions for application deployment and platform adoption.
• Incident response, via participation in a 24×7 team on-call rotation.
• Experience in supporting a 24×7 high-availability AWS production environment, AWS associate or professional certification is a bonus.
• Experience UNIX/Linux System Administration.
• Experience Windows System Administration.
• Experience with containers, container orchestration, and deployment tools, such as Kubernetes and Docker.
• In depth understanding of AWS services, networking, and security technologies.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting in a highly available production environment.
• Experience in full-stack monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using tool.
• Good knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Powershell, Python and Ruby.
• Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
• Familiar with source control management tools such as GitHub.
• Experience with agile methodologies, and ITIL incident and change management processes.
• Excellent organizational skills, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, making decisions based upon priorities, schedules and an understanding of business initiatives.
• Willingness to learn and grow.
• Strategic thinker with a delivery-driven mind-set.
• Strives for perfection with a slant toward convenience and customer alignment… and up time!