Enso Recruitment are excited to be working with a global FinTech consultancy with a large presence across UK and Ireland as they search for a range of new software contractors to take on some important projects for their client base across UK.
Job Title: C# DevOps developer Front Office ( Equity Derivatives )
The role is for a DevOps / C# developer to join an agile team to work on upgrades and migrations on in-house front office Equity derivatives .NET systems, and C# s/w changes in relation to this. It includes tech analysis to analyse existing complex front office systems potentially to simplify or consolidate, and assisting the app support team with 3rd line support. The systems are legacy systems which need to be kept running/simplified and with a small user base. The changes required are mostly tech driven eg end of life servers, segregation of environments, .NET upgrades, occasional regulatory requirement etc more than business driven requests.
• Experienced C# developer who is comfortable developing across both the UI and server side.
• At least 8 years experience in a dynamic IT environment ( preferably in Banking/Finance domain and ideally front office IT)
• Experience with Winforms, WPF, WCF, and importantly communication between Windows domains and networks
• strong MS-SQL skills
• proven experience in migrations, upgrades eg app migration to segregated environments, MS SQL upgrades. .NET upgrades, server migrations etc
• Excellent written communication skills and proficient in English
• Hands on experience with 3rd party tools such as DevExpress/Bitbucket/Team city/SSIS and Couchbase
• Self motivated with drive and participate in sharing ideas
• Experience working in a cross border team
• some understanding of front or middle office business processes would be a bonus
Contractor must be UK based
Main tasks are:
• Help with infrastructure projects – configs, migrations and upgrades including potential .net updates, SSIS updates, app+web server migrations, migrations to new segregated environments etc
• Analyse and understand the existing equity derivative applications, document where necessary, potentially simplifying and consolidating
• Working with application support team to resolve 3rd line support issues
• Liaising with infrastructure teams to help set-up new IT hardware in segregated networks (Dev, UAT)
• Potentially implementing new interfaces
• Following the bank’s standards and best practices in all the above
• knowledge sharing with team members in nearshore locations
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please feel free to get in touch with Christian Campbell, Director at Enso Recruitment