We are proud to be working with one of Belfast’s most exciting organisations to help them to grow their Low Code Software team. Our client is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest brands within the US Medical Insurance Sector.
In Belfast, their Software Centre of Excellence builds great software solutions for their customers and as part of this they are recruiting for a Scrum Master who can help to provide vision for the software team.
One of the first software teams will focus on designing and developing workflow automation solutions using Pega. Pega is a digital process automation platform that enables large organisations to enhance workflow automation, with robotics and AI.
We are looking for an experienced Scrum Master can help bring direction and structure to what the engineering team is building and keep everyone focused on the priorities of each sprint. Day to day you will be involved in planning, organising, and facilitating Scrum events and rituals, including sprint planning, story estimation, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and velocity tracking.
Experience with Pega is not required, but you do need to have proven experience of successfully working in Agile teams and getting the best from a capable group of developers, testers, and DevOps people.
What you’ll be doing
- Planning, organising, and facilitating Scrum events and rituals, including sprint planning, story estimation, daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and velocity tracking.
- Ensuring the team members have a clear understanding of the requirements and priorities.
- Interfacing with other agile teams and the rest of the organisation to manage dependencies and coach other agile teams, program level and portfolio level teams as needed.
- Training, coaching and mentoring teams on Agile concepts to improve efficiency and enable better performance.
- Working with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of Scrum in the organization.
- Actively identifying and removing impediments to team velocity.
- Enabling and encouraging the team to be self-organising, cross-functional, and autonomous.
- Ensuring that the team operates in a way that is open, accurate, honest, efficient and transparent.
- 4+ years as a Scrum Master / managing Agile projects.
- 6+ years working in software development and engineering projects.
- Ability to coach and train others in Agile techniques.
- Strong influencing, conflict resolution, decision making and negotiation skills.
- Highly effective organisational skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Scrum Master Certification
- Agile Coach Certification
- Knowledge/experience of Test Driven Development.
- Highly competitive pay, Generous Performance Bonuses, Flexible Working, Contributory Pension, Private Health Insurance, Life Assurance, Progressive Parental Policies, Extensive Learning & Development Opportunities. 25 days off (plus 10 bank holidays)
To find out more about this opportunity, send through your CV to Enso Recruitment by clicking on the Apply button.