Project Manager (Software)
We are working with a growing local success story in their recruitment of a Project Manager from a Software Development background. The role with be as Project Manager in a department that works between several in-house dev teams and liaises with a diverse range of clients. This new Project Manager role will co-ordinate and deliver across multiple projects in the design, implementation and integration of quality software. The company started in Belfast 20 years ago and has grown steadily and held its own over the years through all of the growth and changes in the local market and in technology generally. It is a very highly regarded business that retains a local flavour and approach that clients enjoy working with. The company works with a diverse client base across multiple sectors to provide solution development to complex business problems.
- All the responsibility and experience of a Big 4 IT Project Manager / Consultant but with very minimal requirement to travel. Airports can go back to being just for holidays.
- Genuine diversity in the type of projects you will work on, across a range of business sectors
- Small team environment so you get full ownership of the projects and get to know the clients from day one, with a healthy support system of course!
- Belfast city location with car-parking nearby but also close to the train and bus stations
- Lively and friendly team environment. Atmosphere is professional but also ‘buzzy’ and with a good vibe in the office. Not stuffy or corporate.
- Opportunity to expand your repertoire by taking on some Implementation and Integration responsibilities on some of the projects.
You might be coming from a background in software development with a move into a Project Manager role or you may have been working as a Consultant, Business Analyst or Project Manager in a client-focused web or software environment and looking for a new challenge. You may also be working as a Big 4 consultant in IT and are fed up of travel. Exposure to software solution development projects and also the Microsoft dev stack would be helpful.
You need knowledge of the software development cycle, business systems and processes, excellent communication skills and be very skilled at setting realistic project objectives, milestones and roadmaps and having the experience, gravitas and powers of persuasion to make these happen!
We have a lot more detail on the position that we can discuss or send you. We are working with the client directly but can have a very informal chat with you about the details of the company, finer points of the role and any other initial questions you may have without you having to send as much as a CV.
Get in touch via the link below or give us a call. Completely confidential. Completely straightforward.