IT Manager. New role in a rapidly expanding and big impact local business making waves internationally. Excellent opportunity to drive strategy and direction.
High growth organisation that is really making waves in its sector on a Global scale. Close knit team and a genuine community spirit amongst all staff. Modern offices and facilities, and very commutable. The company have made a significant investment in their IT systems and strategy and there are a number of new upgrade and integration projects planned throughout 2019. There is an immediate need for an IT Manager to come in and help deliver these projects as well as implement a new and cohesive IT strategy for the organisation.
The role has the usual hallmarks of an IT Manager position in this type of business – helping to build and manage a small team, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures, managing vendors in respect of infrastructure and software support etc. There is also a unique focus on ERP systems (with regard to integration and upgrade projects) as well as BI and reporting. As with many businesses in this sector the BI potential of their current business systems platform has been under-utilised and there is a real focus in the business on making more of this function.
It is a hands-on role where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and contribute on the support and installation side of things. You will have the opportunity to really put your own stamp on the role. The company are keen to bring in someone who always looks to the future and can make recommendations on new tech and new strategies / policies.
The core responsibilities are as follows:
- Take responsibility for the ERP platform, liaise with the software provider and also with various business units in order to ensure best practice and manage integrations and upgrades
- Take ownership of producing reports and extracting relevant data from the ERP platform
- Management and collaboration with IT service partners
- Manage a small team, including a 24/7 support function (on-call)
We are looking for a pro-active individual with strong communication and organisational skills. You will have a broad interest in all things IT, understand core business processes and how an effective ERP system improves these processes in a business environment. You will be an experienced manager of a small team and be hungry for a solid career move. You must also be able to demonstrate a background in thinking strategically. We are looking for the following:
- Third level qualification
- 3 years’ experience in an IT management role
- Strong working knowledge of ERP platforms, SQL and BI
- Experience in managing relationships and strategy with IT service providers
- Willingness to continue learning and develop your technical and management skills
You will need to be a team player with a calm and friendly personality and have demonstrated a commitment to service quality excellence in your career to date.
Salary is relevant to experience and the company has recently reviewed its offering in terms of employee benefits and flexibility.
For more information or to apply for the role please send some info through via the link below or give us a call. All calls are fully confidential.