Brave New World?
At Enso Recruitment we are always keeping our finger on the pulse of the technology sector in Northern Ireland. We pride ourselves on connecting with our clients, customers and community and sharing useful insights we feel will help our sector innovate and grow.
If you follow us on social media or subscribe to our mailing list, you’ll know that we put those words into practice, having recently conducted our second survey in a series of “temperature checks”, aimed to better understand the current mood of the IT sector and the technology community.
Our first survey asked local employers and tech professionals about their experiences and their expectations of the future as the dust was settling into the ‘new normal’ of working during a pandemic.
Our second survey checked in on the tech community once more and asked their opinions on a host of topics related to hiring and working through the last six months, as to whether optimism or opinions had changed for the future of the industry.
The Big Picture
Having crunched the numbers, the results have highlighted a notable shift in opinion from tech employers and professionals in many areas while remaining steadfast in others.
It highlights a sector adapting, innovating and endeavouring to keep working hard, despite the challenges the world at large is facing.
The Finer Details
The survey revealed a sector with leadership which retains much of the optimism it had at the start of the Covid-19 crisis but there is some evidence that hint at a darkening outlook for local tech professionals.
Some of the key findings of the report are:
- 98% of I.T. Professionals expect remote working to be at least 25% of their working pattern over the next six months.
- Only 2% of local tech employers expect a full return to the office for their teams in the next six months.
- 81% of employers are planning on holding onto their offices or increasing their footprint in the coming year.
- 89% of employers expect to continue hiring in the next twelve months.
- 55% of employers asked said they had ‘ambitious plans’ for growth in the coming year.
- 45% are more willing to change jobs than they were three months ago.
- 41% feel less positive about the sectors ability to recover than three months ago.
As always, listening to our clients and professionals has been illuminating and very valuable. We’ve learned that tech professionals are great at predicting the future, as so many of their expectations have become reality!
But we can also see from our latest survey that things are continuing to change and the need for true flexibility in recruitment, in working patterns and company culture has become the new norm.
Get your copy
For more information on the survey or anything related to IT Recruitment in Northern Ireland, please contact Becca Leslie at Enso Recruitment on 07736313207 or by email email@example.com